Media releases that have been produced by the department are listed on this page.
Ministerial media releases, speeches and transcripts are available on the Ministers' website. Media releases from our portfolio agencies and program areas can be found by selecting the agency's website on our Industry, Innovation and Science website directory.
- 21 February 2017 - Departmental release
National Radioactive Waste Management Facility - Statement about radioactive waste currently stored at Woomera
- 21 February 2017 - Joint departmental release with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
Incorrect R&D claims in the ATO’s sights has been published
- 9 February 2017 - Joint departmental release with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
Early warning for taxpayers making R&D claims has been published
- 14 October 2016 - Letter to the Editor (published version), The Australian, Glenys Beauchamp, Secretary of the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Letter to the Editor (submitted version), The Australian, Glenys Beauchamp, Secretary of the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- 28 September 2016 - Department of Industry and nuclear experts at the Quorn Agricultural show
- 25 November 2015 - Innovation Australia release
Innovation Report shows change needed has been released
- 25 November 2015 - CEDA address by Bill Ferris, AO, Chair, Innovation Australia
Innovation is not new has been released.
- 18 June 2015 - Departmental release
Australia-India Joint Working Group on Energy and Minerals has been released.
- 22 December 2014 - Departmental release
Resources and energy earnings to decline in 2014-15 has been released.
- 10 December 2014 - Departmental release
naugural Australian Industry Report shows economy in transition has been released.
- 17 November 2014 - Departmental release
Federal and state cooperate to support Tasmanian major projects has been released.
- 10 October 2014 - Departmental release
Australian Apprenticeships Update has been released.
- 27 June 2013 - Departmental release
Adapting to Climate Risks – Tracking Australia’s Progress has been released.
- 27 June 2013 - Departmental release
Skills Reform National Partnership Agreement – Implementation Plans for New South Wales and Victoria has been released.
- 1 March 2013 - Australian Government Office for Learning and Teaching
Examining the shift to teaching-only positions has been released.
- 14 February 2013 - Departmental release
The publication Astronomers back to work at Siding Spring has been released.
- 30 October 2012 - Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education
The publication Finance 2011: Financial Reports of Higher Education Providers has been released. The publication contains the adjusted financial statements of 39 Australian universities.
- 24 September 2012 - Departmental release
Statement on FOI matter - Confidential information was inadvertently released by a departmental officer to the Australian Financial Review during a Freedom of Information (FOI) process.
- 18 May 2012 - Australian Astronomical Observatory (AAO)
New ANU astronomy director highlights the broad nature of Australia’s excellence in astronomy - An Australian astronomer who has been at the forefront of his field for more than 30 years has been appointed as the new director of the Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics at the Australian National University.
- 22 March 2012 - Commercialisation Australia
A new market intelligence tool for Australian researchers - Researchers in Australian universities and publicly funded research agencies will soon have a new market intelligence tool to help assess the commercial potential for their projects.
- 21 February 2012 - National Occupational Licensing Authority
New Chair and Board appointed for National Occupational Licensing Authority - A new board and Chair of the inaugural National Occupational Licensing Authority (NOLA) have been appointed as part of the Australian Governments’ (COAG) reform agenda.
- 8 February 2012 - National Enabling Technologies Strategy - Public Awareness and Engagement (NETS-PACE)
Concerns about sunscreen nanoparticles put Australians at risk of skin cancer - Australians are putting themselves at increased risk of potentially deadly skin cancers by cutting sunscreen use because of concerns about sun-protecting nanoparticles.
- 26 November 2011 - Questacon
Inspiring science wins Questacon seventh consecutive tourism award - Hands-on fun and interactive science discovery proved a winning combination as Questacon—The National Science and Technology Centre won the Tourist Attraction category for the seventh consecutive year at the 2011 Canberra and Capital Region Tourism Awards last night.
- 12 August 2011 - Australia's Chief Scientist
Australia's Chief Scientist launches National Science Week - In front of a large and enthusiastic young crowd, Australia's Chief Scientist, Professor Ian Chubb AC officially launched National Science Week 2011, with the help of Premier Anna Bligh and 2006 Australian of the Year and creator of the cervical cancer vaccine, Professor Ian Frazer.
- 26 July 2011 - Australian Astronomical Observatory (AAO)
A new way to measure the expansion of the Universe - A PhD student from the International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research in Perth has produced one of the most accurate measurements ever made of how fast the Universe is expanding.
- 19 May 2011 - Australian Astronomical Observatory (AAO)
Dark Energy is real - Observations of more than 20,000 galaxies made with the Anglo-Australian Telescope in eastern Australia have shown that "dark energy" is real and not a mistake in Einstein's conception of gravity.