Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre
The Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre Ltd (AMGC) is an independent, not-for-profit company responsible for working with the advanced manufacturing sector to drive cultural change and increase the competitiveness of the sector.
The Growth Centre has developed a Sector Competitiveness Plan in consultation with companies, research organisations, industry associations and governments. The plan sets out a long-term strategy to enhance the competitiveness of the advanced manufacturing sector in order to become and remain globally competitive.
The AMGC is chaired by Mr Andrew Stevens and led by a board and team with significant industry experience.
AMGC in action
The AMGC has:
- Established innovation hubs in carbon fibre, additive manufacturing and Industry 4.0 to stimulate collaboration between researchers and firms;
- Established a project fund to support commercialising advanced fibre and carbon fibre projects;
- Working with the Cooperative Research Centre for Innovative Manufacturing to undertake research in line with Growth Centre aims;
- Commissioned and supported research into improving the definition of advanced manufacturing and how to better measure success; and
- Finalised the Advanced Manufacturing Sector Competitiveness Plan which sets out strategies to improve the competitiveness of the sector.
The AMGC has also determined upcoming priority actions to encourage advanced manufacturing firms to become globally competitive. This work includes several projects, including
- Demonstrating characteristics of successful firms and suggesting actions for firms to become more competitive;
- Working with Cooperative Research Centres to encourage research that meets industry needs; and
- Working with the Government to ensure programmes and initiatives are best targeted to support sector competitiveness.
For more details on AMGCs achievements to date and upcoming priority actions, please refer to the AMGC fact sheet below.
To find out more about the Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre, please visit the AMGC website or email email@example.com.