Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
Ministers for the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
The Industry Innovation and Competitiveness Agenda was announced on 14 October 2014. It focuses on providing the right economic incentives to enable businesses, big and small, to grow. It contains immediate reforms which will boost competitiveness and a range of proposals for public consultation.
The Agenda is organised under four overarching ambitions:
- A lower cost, business friendly environment
- A more skilled labour force
- Better economic infrastructure
- Industry policy that fosters innovation and entrepreneurship.
Key initiatives under the Agenda are:
- Encouraging employee share ownership
- Reforming the vocational education and training sector
- Promoting science, technology and mathematics skills in schools
- Accepting international standards and risk assessments for certain product approvals
- Enhancing the 457 and investor visa programmes
- Establishing Industry Growth Centres
There are a range of other initiatives that the Department has some role in progressing including enhancing commercial returns from research, streamlining certification of medical devices, streamlining industrial chemicals assessment, and streamlining construction regulation.
Register your interest on Agenda topics
If you would like to register your interest for receiving further information on an Agenda topic as it becomes available, please select the topic below and fill in your contact details.
We will forward your contact details onto the Department leading the initiative.
View privacy statement
The Department of Industry (the Department) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) outlined in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) which regulates how entities may collect, use, disclose and store personal information. Information is being collected to allow individuals to register to receive additional information regarding the Industry Innovation and Competiveness Agenda.
The Department will collect from the register, personal information including your name, the business/organisation you represent, the type of business/organisation, your State/Territory, City/Town, contact phone number, email address and the agenda topics you are interested in for the purposes of providing further information on an Industry Innovation and Competitiveness Agenda topic.
Information obtained from the register may be disclosed to departmental staff, and will be provided to the relevant Commonwealth Department’s which have responsibility for administering the relevant agenda topics selected, including:
- The Department of the Prime Minister & Cabinet
- The Department of Health
- Therapeutic Goods Administration
- The Department of Employment
- The Department of the Treasury
- The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- The Department of Infrastructure
- The Department of Education
- The Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Australian Customs and Border Protection Service
The Department respects your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act and we comply with all the Privacy Act’s requirements in respect of collection and management of your personal information. We understand that from time to time you may not want to provide this information to us. That’s fine; however, it may mean we are unable to consider your views. If you choose not to consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as outlined above, you will be unable to receive further information regarding the Industry Innovation and Competitiveness Agenda.
View more information on: