Acreage Release Areas
VIC14-GHG-1, VIC14-GHG-2 and VIC14-GHG-3, Gippsland Basin, offshore Victoria
Bids close 27 November 2014
- Located in a world-class producing petroleum province
- Shallow water depths (15–50m)
- Moderate seismic and well coverage
- CO2 storage plays in anticlines, fault sealed anticlines and saline aquifer stratigraphic traps
- Located proximal to CO2 sources and infrastructure
- Special Notices apply, to each release area.
The Assessment Areas straddle the shallow shelfal portion of Bass Strait where water depth range from 15 to 50m. The areas are located in the western Central Deep part of the basin, adjacent to the onshore Seaspray Depression and overlap the western portion of the Southern Terrace (Figure 2). Geological control is provided by exploration wells and seismic surveys of varying quality that have tested top-Latrobe Group and intra-Latrobe Group petroleum targets. Indicative oil and gas discoveries at Barracouta, Dolphin, Golden Beach, Perch, Seahorse, Tarwhine, Mulloway and Whiptail, demonstrate the existence of top-Latrobe and numerous intra-Latrobe reservoir and seal pairs in the Area.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.