National Mine Safety Framework Steering Group
The National Mine Safety Framework Steering Group was responsible for guiding the development and implementation of the National Mine Safety Framework (NMSF) from 2006 to 2013.
The group was established by the then Ministerial Council on Mineral and Petroleum Resources in November 2005, and was chaired by the Hon Clive Brown, former Western Australian Minister for Trade and State Development.
The steering group was a tripartite group, including workforce, industry and state, territory and Australian Government representatives from the following organisations:
- Department of Natural Resources and Mines, Queensland
- Department of Primary Industries and Resources, South Australia
- SafeWork South Australia
- Trade and Investment, New South Wales
- Department of Mines and Petroleum, Western Australia
- Department of Industry, Innovation and Science
- Department of Primary Industries, Victoria
- WorkSafe Victoria
- WorkSafe Northern Territory
- Workplace Standards Tasmania
- Minerals Council of Australia
- New South Wales Minerals Council
- Chamber of Minerals and Energy, Western Australia
- Queensland Resources Council
- Cement, Concrete and Aggregates Australia
- Australian Workers Union
- Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union
- Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Safe Work Australia (observer).
The Steering Group was formally concluded in April 2013, with state and territory governments responsible for ongoing implementation of the NMSF work.
The Steering Group was supported by the NMSF Secretariat, housed within the department.
For more information about the National Mine Safety Framework email firstname.lastname@example.org.